Designed by You. Colored by INX!
The 2nd Annual Colored by INX Can Design Contest
We’re excited to celebrate and promote the best-of-the-best in beverage can design. Your effort in creating an outstanding brand design deserves a lot of recognition and we at INX are proud to be part of the process. Our unique competition will benefit you with global exposure, promotional materials, and tons of PR.Enter Now!
Why You Should Enter
If your design is voted #1, there's a list of benefits to help you show off your best-of-the-best status.
Here's what you get:
- An engraved trophy with the designed can mounted inside
- A certificate of award endorsed by INX International Ink Co.
- A feature in ColorPerfection magazine
- Press coverage in industry magazines
- The winning can will be on display at industry-specific trade shows; and will be featured on the INX website
- Exposure on INX social media channels with over 10,000 followers
Making it to the Finals
Tips for a competitive entry
Five finalist cans, judged by an internal team at INX, will be up for a public vote on INX's Facebook page.
- It helps us to know your story. The more we know about your design and your story, the easier it will be for us to gain a greater appreciation when considering the finalists. Please let us know about your design process, the role the color catalog played, why you chose the specific colors, the names of the colors, and any other relevant design-journey information you think makes for a great story.
- Consider shelf appeal. How your design stands out compared to the available lineup. This will also help your voter appreciation on Facebook.
- Appearance, touch, and feel are important, so package your samples carefully as judges not only consider the design file, but the actual printed can itself.
Entries are due 11:59 p.m. (CST) April 30, 2021.
An internal judging committee of marketing and color specialists at INX will choose five finalists from the can contest submissions.
These five finalist can designs will be presented on Facebook May 10, 2021 for eight days of public voting. Voting closes end of day, May 17, 2021.
The image with most likes wins.
The winning design will be announced on Facebook Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
Be sure to submit your art, can, and story before the April 30th deadline!
- Entries must be for a commercially available product; and must have been designed between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- The contest is only open to individuals/teams who utilized the INX Color Catalog for color selection during the design phase of their submitted can.
- The final can design proof must contain a minimum of two INX colors from the INX Color Perfection library. Your design production file or printer press proof must be provided.
- Only one entry per brand owner/designer.
- The online entry form must be completed prior to our receipt of the three can samples.
- All online entries and physical can samples must be received by end of day (9 p.m. CST) April 30, 2021.
- Complete the online contest entry form.
- Submit/upload a high-res design production proof or press proof PDF of your art via the entry form. The PDF must show the INX Color Library colors (minimum of two) in your layout; and we must be able to match the INX color formula number to the colors in the art.
- Mail three (3) carefully packaged cans to arrive by April 30, 2021. Cans must arrive in pristine condition. Send (priority or method with tracking) to:
150 N. Martingale, Ste 700
Schaumburg, IL 60173
If you have further questions about mailing your samples, please call 630‑382‑1960.
Q & A
- Q. Can I submit a can that we are working on now?
- A. No. The can must have been designed and commercially available on store shelves in 2020.
- Q. Do you need a finished can or can I send a proof can (without a top)?
- A. You must provide a finished can with a lid.
- Q. What do you need to enter?
- A. Please refer to the entry steps above.
- Q. Do I need to be 21 or older to enter?
- A. No. There are no age restrictions.
- Q. Is there any cost to submit an entry?
- A. No. It is free to enter the can design contest, however you will be required to pay for the secure shipping of your three can samples.
- Q. By "individuals", does this exclude a design team?
- A. No, it does not exclude a design team. A team may submit one entry with a designated person of contact.
- Q. Should I send a 3D rendered can or what should I submit?
- A. Please do not send art, ads, or promotions of your can design. We only accept a production or press proof and actual physical can samples.
- Q. What is your criteria for a "winning" design?
- A. Please refer to the information above in the " Making the Semi-Finals section.
Still have questions?
Give us a call: 630‑382‑1961.